BSDi and Linux

Hello,
Is anyone using ldap to have bsdi auth against ldap backed radius server?
I am trying to manage my users using ldap, and I have BSDi boxen, and
linux boxen, living happily together.
Other than use radius, I can't think of another good way
to auth ldap users for BSDi.
Additioanally, I understand that there may be some issues
with crypt and MD5 differences between linux and bsdi.  Is there
any way to get around this?

> (NT Technology based) It's there a OpenLDAP build

As an aside, I've noticed this frequently on our windows 2000
boxes.  Did Microsoft forget that they told us that
NT stood for New Technology? (or Nice Try).  How is it
that they now say win2k is New Technology Technology based.