Re: autofs and OpenLDAP integration

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 01:54:09PM +0200, Jehan PROCACCIA wrote:
> I changed latest line with :
>
> automountInformation: -fstype=autofs
> ldap:ou=auto.mci.mci,dc=int-evry,dc=fr
>
> Here's the ldap keyword is used and not the hostname of the ldap server
> (Am I right ?) Any way  I hadn't anymore the library problem now.
>
> however doesn't mount the homedir either :-(
>
> here's what logs says:
>
> Jul 23 12:15:25 openldap automount[1651]: lookup(ldap): couldn't connect
> to (null)
> Jul 23 12:15:25 openldap automount[1650]: mount(autofs): sub automount
> returned status 0x100
>
> Again to avoid confusion I simplified the problem, now I tried to mount
> the homedir /mci/em/doucet of user doucet (/mci/mci for procacci could
> give confusion with the mci key followed by mci subdirectory ...)

You're not specifying an LDAP server in the map specification, so the
lookup module is assuming that you've set a default somewhere.

OpenLDAP lets you set a default server in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf using
the HOST configuration option, but it looks like you don't have one set
there, so the lookup module doesn't know which server to connect to.

You'll either need to set one in ldap.conf, or (as Philip has noted)
specify a server in your map specification, like this:
ldap:openldap.int-evry.fr:ou=auto.mci.mci,dc=int-evry,dc=fr

Cheers,

Nalin