Re: autofs and OpenLDAP integration

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 03:51:29PM +0200, Jehan PROCACCIA wrote:
> thanks a lot for the ldif file !.
>
> I don't have any error reported now !, but it still doesn't work !? (I
> had to change the hostname from ldap to openldap to avoid confusion (for
> me) from hostname and "ldap" key word)
>
> $more /etc/auto.master
> #/mci ldap:openldap.int-evry.fr:ou=auto.mci,dc=int-evry,dc=fr
> /mci ldap:openldap.int-evry.fr:ou=auto.mci,dc=int-evry,dc=fr
> --timeout=60
>
> $/etc/init.d/autofs start
> Starting automount:                                        [  OK  ]
>
> log says:
> jui 19 14:20:33 openldap autofs: autofs startup succeeded
>
> [root@openldap ~]
> $/etc/init.d/autofs status
> Configured Mount Points:
> ------------------------
>
> Active Mount Points:
> --------------------
>
> Nothing visible from the active mount point !

You should be seeing this under "Configured Mount Points:":
/usr/sbin/automount --timeout 60 /mci ldap openldap.int-evry.fr:ou=auto.mci,dc=int-evry,dc=fr

If it's not listed there, then the autofs init script isn't going to
start up an automounter on the directory, which would prevent you from
getting anything in your logs about those.  And when I add the /mci
entry you've got (I'm assuming the --timeout=60 is wrapped to the next
line by your mail reader) to my /etc/auto.master file, I see it listed.

Having gone back and read earlier messages in this thread, I think
that you only need to add "files" back to the "automount:" line in
/etc/nsswitch.conf for things to start working.

> Here's the ldif I inserted in ldap , this is the one you kindly wrote
> for me, I just changed the name of the ldap server from ldap to openldap
> to ovoid confusion with the "ldap" key work. I also had to add "cn: /"
> in the last entrie, because ldapadd told me:
>
> adding new entry "cn=/,ou=auto.mci.mci,dc=int-evry,dc=fr"
> ldap_add: Object class violation
>  additional info: missing required attribute
>
> I presume it was the right thing to do ?

Yup.  Sorry I missed that attribute.

Nalin