Re: password change problems 2.0.11

thanks Stefan,

> Have you tried
> ./ldappasswd -D "cn=ldapadmin, o=solution, c=ch" -W "uid=helene,
o=solution, c=ch"
> ?
no I didn't try this before but whene trying out I am getting :

./ldappasswd -D "cn=ldapadmin,o=solution,c=ch" -w secret
"uid=helene,o=solution,c=ch"
New password: l0vzDl7l
Result: No such object (32)
Additional info: could not locate authorization entry

but when using :

./ldapsearch -b "o=solution,c=ch" uid=helene

#
# filter: uid=helene
# requesting: ALL
#

# helene,LDAPusers,solution,ch
dn: cn=helene,ou=LDAPusers,o=solution,c=ch
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
uid: helene
cn:: aGVsZW5lIA==
sn: helene
userPassword:: aGVsZW5lM2Q=
loginShell: /usr/local/bin/bash
uidNumber: 153
gidNumber: 150
homeDirectory: /usr/people/helene

I really don't understand !!? Why is the -b parameter when using ldappasswd
? It all worked pretty fine with 1.2.11 but I have to change to LDAP ver.3
because of Solaris (unfortunately).

regards,

Jan