Re: openldap+postfix

Kapil Sharma wrote:

> Hi, I am using opneldap and postfix on debian server.
> I have setup postfix to authenticate virtual domians
> and users from ldap. I can connect to ldap from other
> server and see the directory. But when ever i am
> trying to send a email to postfix it gives the
> following error in maillog file:
>
> dict_ldap_lookup: search error 32: no such object
> virtual map lookup failed
>
> I am confused that it is a problem of postfix or ldap?
> I have compiled the ldap support with postfix. How can
> i check whether ldap is workimng properly or postfix
> has ldap support?:

You can check if postfix is compiled with ldap with
ldd `which postfix`

If it has a line that says /usr/lib/libldap.so.1 (or the like) that
you have postfix.

For help with your configuration, please post output of postconf -n.

Regards,
rolek

--
1A First Alternative rolek@alt001.com    www.alt001.com