Re: OpenLDAP in Solaris 8

A native Solaris pam_unix and openldap.2.0.11 problem.

Followed instructions kindly provided in
and friends.

Added entries to ldap_client_cred and ldap_client_file manually.
Added solaris schema to server and added posixAccount and shadowAccount
objectclass to user attributes.
Modified /etc/nsswitch.conf to include ldap entry as in
   passwd:      ldap file

All goes well until it finally sort of works - server finds the user and
returns encrypted password. The connection is then terminated
immediately. The only clue I've got at the moment is an entry in

  Jul  6 08:39:23 europa login: [ID 432192 auth.alert]
  User gco needs Secure RPC credentials to login.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?  I got a feeling it's
something to do with defining a NIS domain but I've tried every
combination I can think of :-)

Geoff Collin,		       		Phone: +61 6 2688141
IT Service Centre, UC, UNSW,   		Fax  : +61 6 2688150
Australian Defence Force Academy,   	Email: geoff.collin@adfa.edu.au
Canberra ACT 2600. AUSTRALIA