Issues I've had migrating from openldap-1 to openldap-2

Aside from the learning curve on getting my database in a useable condition,
I've had a couple of issues which could probably be fixed in the code.

1) It seems that references really don't work right when a v2 query comes in.
If the client is switched to use the v3 protocol, you get the right reference,
but if it's using v2, the URL is incomplete.  Once I've got everything
upgraded this won't be an issue for me any more, but fixing it would make the
transition easier.

2) I had 'sub' indexes on some fields which I can't seem to put them on any
longer.  In particular, I had them on iphostnumber and cn so I could find
hosts by searching for '(iphostnumber=10.1.2.*)' or '(cn=*.vircio)'.
Apparently I can't do this any more w/o changing nis.schema and core.schema.

Is there a reason for this?

Also related to #2, in the old code, I could have a wildcard search on
something w/o an index.  It worked, but it was slow.  Now it doesn't work at
all.  Was this an oversight or intentional.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.