problem with ./configure

I am having problems running ./configure.  I think it MIGHT be a problem of
gdbm issue.  I am trying to compile OpenLDAP on a Sun UltraSPARC 10.  I have
installed Sun's distribution of gdbm which resides in /usr/local.  I am
running ./configure with these options:

./configure \
    --includedir=/usr/local/include \
    --libdir=/usr/local/lib

And this is the last few lines before it fails:

checking for db.h... no
checking for MDBM library... checking for mdbm_set_chain... no
checking for mdbm_set_chain in -lmdbm... no
no
checking for mdbm.h... no
checking for db... no
checking for GDBM library... checking for gdbm_open... no
checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... yes
-lgdbm
checking for gdbm.h... no
checking for db... no
configure: warning: could not find suitable LDBM backend
configure: error: select appropriate LDBM options or disable