Re[2]: Migration from Netscape LDAP to Openldap

Hello Michael,

MS> Daniel Cheah wrote:
>>
>> 1.) My problem is that Netscape LDAP allows empty value for attibutes, BUT
>> OPENLDAP do not allow this. How do I overcome this?

MS> Why do you want this?

MS> Ciao, Michael.

This is because this openldap is for a Portal. So some of the
information is not a MUST. So the attribute is there but without any
value in it. Netscape export to a ldif file also exported the
attribute without value. But when I import it to Openldap, it will
failed. (unless I manually insert a dummy value to all the records,
200,000 records????) I don't think that is a good idea to edit those
200,000 records.

--
Best regards,

IDCconsult.COM SDN BHD (514905-X)
E902, Phileo Damansara 1, No. 9 Jalan 16/11,
46350 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Telephone (603) 766 51993
Fax       (603) 766 51995
E-Mail    daniel@idcconsult.com.my