Alias processing for LDAP compare

Hi,
      After checking the source of the latest OpenLDAP, I have found
that, for the compare requests, aliases are not dereference. I can see
that this follows the idea of  "dereference only upon demand" as found
in the draft rfc "drap-byrne-ldap-alias-00-txt".  Since the compare
request does not have an alias dereference parameter, there appears to
be no way of allowing alias dereferencing during compare operations.
     Apart from following the draft rfc, is there any other reason where
derefencing of aliases is not implemented for compare operations?  I can
see implementating a server parameter that controls the dereferencing
behavior of alias during compare operations.

Matthew