Re: nscd

Thus spake Steve Schultze:
> I just tried using it for the first time today.  It worked ok at first,
> but then apparently it crapped out, leaving the machine without the
> ability to do any user or group lookups, essentially freezing it up.  I
> don't yet know why it did that, but be careful, you're playing with a
> little bit of fire there.

I had a lot of problems with it hanging when the LDAP connection
unexpectedly shut down, such as when I restarting the LDAP server.
This was with glibc 2.1.3; I don't know about nscd in newer 2.2 glibc's.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                           wcooley@nakedape.cc
LNXS: Get 0.2.0-devel at http://sourceforge.net/projects/lnxs/

After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known quotations.
		-- H.L. Mencken, on Shakespeare