Re: "break" broken?

--Le vendredi 1 juin 2001 9:14 -0700 Kurt@openldap.org disait:

The FAQ doesn't capture the intent of how ACL <control>s are to be
used.  See tests/data/slapd-acl.conf for an example of how they
intended to be used (namely with additive permissions).  These
are new to 2.0 and, obviously, documentation has yet to catch up.
But I do believe they work as intended.

Kurt

Well, I would say not. There is only one example in tests/data/slapd-acl.conf with "break" and it is not very explanatory (at least in the 2.0.7 package - I'm at home and cannot check on more recent versions before Tuesday). In any case, the example ends with:

access          to * by * read

which is enough, if I am right about there being a bug, to cancel its effect.

I spent a whole day pinpointing this bug, and I do think it really is one.

I will try (Tuesday) to look into the source and find what is wrong ("try", I say!).

----
David Olivier
David.Olivier@univ-lyon2.fr
Les Cahiers antispécistes: http://www.cahiers-antispecistes.org/

 Les canards et les pigeons,
 les porcs et les agneaux
 mettent leurs gouttes de sang
 sous les multiplications;
 et les terribles hurlement des vaches étripées
 emplissent de douleur la vallée
 où l'Hudson s'enivre d'huile.

Federico Garcia Lorca
----