Re: help

You need to download and compile gdbm-1.8.0 from a GNU  mirror.  After you
install this, the configure script should find gdbm just fine.

There is a major bug with the Makefile on gdbm-1.8.0.  Basicaly it doesn't
install when doing a 'make install' on Solaris.   I have a modified Makefile
if yours won't install properly.  Also after you install gdbm, do not do a
make install-compat.  This will screw up other packages like sendmail later

Brian Wert