Suggested Reading

I'm reading up on the admin guide on openldap.org but it's not explainging
alot in a practical manner.  According to it's examples I have to "person"
objects but when I did the "ldapadd" it claimed it added 1.  When I did a
search on objectclass=* it showed the 2 domains * made,  dc=company,dc=com
and dc=division,dc=company,dc=com.  I can't get it to show me the entries
for my 2 ppl or how to test they're actually there.

At anyrate I'm looking for a good practical book that'll basically walk
through an implementation from configuring slapd.conf
to adding users and verifying functionality and then importing an older
system (nis+) into ldap as a replacement.

Any good suggestions?
  Robert