Re: strange (swedish) characters

Quoting Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com>:

> Paul Gillingwater wrote:
> >
> > Assuming you're loading from an LDIF file, I first process
> > the LDIF file with a Perl script I wrote, that converts from
> > ISO 8559-1 Latin1 to UTF-8,
> IMHO you should also base64 *all* occurences of strings containing
> 8-bit chars. Yes, also the UTF-8 strings.
> Ciao, Michael.

Yes, 100% agree.  The code snippet I wrote does both -- first, it
checks to see if there are any 8-bit characters, then converts them
to UTF-8, and then Base64 encodes them.  I realize the original
query assumed that they had UTF-8 already, but decided that other
people might find this useful.

On another topic -- has anyone developed any PHP or TCL-based Web gateways for
making changes to their LDAP data, which includes support for conversion of UTF-
8 and MIME Base64 encoding?  Which packages have you all found useful?

And a third topic -- we've had no end of trouble finding a LDAP library binding
that works reliably with TCL.  Has anyone been able to make this work?

cheers, and thanks in advance for any help!

        Paul Gillingwater
        Managing Director
 CSO Lanifex Unternehmensberatung
 & Softwareentwicklung G.m.b.H.