From: Markus Grunwald [mailto:MaGrunwald@webasto.de]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 9:36 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: slave doesn't update master ?

Hi !

I tried my first steps in replicating between two openldap v 2.0.7-6
servers.
50% are working :) i.e. a new entry in the master is handed down to the
slave
and inserted there perfectly.

BUT if i try to delete this new entry on the slave, it is deleted only on
the
slave and still exists on the master.

The Admin Guide is not tooo expressive on replication things, so I ask you
for help - again ;)

The master side config contains:

database	ldbm
suffix		"dc=test"
rootdn		"cn=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test"
replica		host=winlinux1:389
   binddn="cn=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test"
   bindmethod=simple
   credentials=secret
replogfile /var/log/slurpd/slurpd.log
rootpw          {SHA}secret
directory	/var/ldap/test
index           cn,sn,uid                 pres,eq,sub
index           objectclass     pres,eq
defaultaccess   read
access to attr=userPassword
   by self write
   by dn="cn=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test" write
   by * compare
access to *
   by self write
   by dn="cn=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test" write
   by * read

The slave side config contains:

database	ldbm
suffix		"dc=test"
rootdn		"cn=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,ou=wag,dc=test"
rootpw          {SHA}secret
updatedn  "cn=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,ou=wag,dc=test"
updateref "wvi161:389"
directory	/var/ldap/test
index           cn,sn,uid                 pres,eq,sub
index           objectclass     pres,eq
defaultaccess   read
access to attr=userPassword
   by self write
   by dn="cn=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,dc=Webasto,dc=de" write
   by * compare
access to *
   by self write
   by dn="cn=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,dc=Webasto,dc=de" write
   by * read

Thanks a lot for your Help !
--
Markus Grunwald

Registered Linux User Nr 101577      PGP Key:
http://counter.li.org                http://www.grunwald.2xs.de