Re: AW: AW: Replication between different Versions of server

Tiefnig Daniel wrote:

> (again AFAIK) basically you are right, but in openldap2 you have to
> configure the slave as a slave, or slurpd will not replicate. (or at least i
> didn't manage to make replication work with slurpd.. did you..?)

Yes. It does not replicate (with "constraint violation error") only because
by default it tries to replicate the lastmod attributes, which are operational.

If you configure the master with "lastmod off" it works:

=== master ==========
database        ldbm
lastmod         off
suffix          "dc=home,dc=net"
rootdn          "cn=LDAP,dc=home,dc=net"
rootpw          XXX
directory       /var/ldap/master
replica         host=localhost:9998
                "binddn=cn=Replicator,dc=home,dc=net"
                bindmethod=simple
                credentials=XXX
replogfile      /var/ldap/master/slapd.replog
=== end of master ======

=== "almost" slave ======
database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=home,dc=net"
rootdn          "cn=Replicator,dc=home,dc=net"
rootpw          XXX
directory       /var/ldap/slave

# turn off any write access ...
=== end of "almost" slave ==

Of course, I'm not saying this is a clean solution,
nor I suggest it. Since slapd replicates using the ldap
protocol, you should always be able to get a slave
replicated by any server, as you said in your previous
posting.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it