ldap_open with host list : how to retrieve the connected host ?

Hello the list,

I am using the OpenLdap C API V2.0.7.

I want to call ldap_open with a list of hosts but I need to know after this call what host we are really connected to.

I've tried to use ldap_get_options with LDAP_OPT_HOST_NAME but it returns the host list given to ldap_open. I've seen a ld_host field in the ldap structure but I've seen no way to retrieve it since this structure is opaque since V2.

I think I will finally use multiple calls to ldap_open with a single host but if someone has another idea or knows more about this issue, thanks for sharing.