Re: SLAPD ERROR

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Christien Bunting wrote:
[snip]
> When I start slapd I get this error in my messages log:
>
> slapd[1022]: daemon: socket() failed errno=97 (Address family not supported
> by protocol)
[but the server appears to be functioning correctly]

Probably the configuration script detected that you have networking APIs
that are capable of carrying out IPv6 exchanges, and built the server
accordingly, but you do not have IPv6 configured into your kernel.  I'm
pretty sure that's why mine is doing the same thing.  I wouldn't worry
about it, for now.  If it offends you, try rebuilding OpenLDAP specifying
--disable-ipv6 .

Make a good day.