RE: new schema

Hi Uma,
        Firstly your schema file is not proper. An objectclass does not have
a syntax. Besides you need to mention whether an objectClass is structural
or auxiliary. A proper attribute/objectclass in ASN1 syntax follows:

attributetype(x.x.x.x NAME 'collectivehostName'
       EQUALITY caseExactMatch

objectclass(x.x.x.x NAME 'collectiveserverHostName'
       SUP   'top'
       MUST collectivehostName

The schema file should be in slapd.conf after the standard schema files are
put up.

# $OpenLDAP: pkg/ldap/servers/slapd/slapd.conf,v 2000/08/26 17:06:18
kurt Exp $
# See slapd.conf(5) for details on configuration options.
# This file should NOT be world readable.
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include		/my/Directory/Path/myorgschema1.schema
include		/my/Directory/Path/myorgschema2.schema

# Define global ACLs to disable default read access.

# Do not enable referrals until AFTER you have a working directory
etc. etc.

Yes you can use the attribute names and classes from both (and any other
that you add)schema files in your LDIF file.

Hope this helps,