refresh the entire directory

I'm just asking for opinions on refreshing the entire directory every
day.

We receive the official datafeeds in the separate files every day.
These datafeeds are used to update the directory.  They may or may not
include personal information changes.  In order to keep updating the
directory simple, we currently take the approach of overwriting every
ldap entry using the information provided in the datafeeds regardless if
the record is changed or not in the datafeeds.

Just want to know if this type of frequent bulk modifications would
have any impact on the directory server?   Currently we have about
80,000 entries in the directory.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Bing

Bing Du <bing-du@tamu.edu, 979-845-9577>
Texas A&M University, CIS, Operating Systems, Unix