container RDN change does not bring about leaf DN change

Hi,
    Could someone help me with this? I'm using openldap 2.0.7.

I have an entry cn=myEntry, ou=abc, o=myOrg

I do a modrdn of ou=abc and make it ou=xyz

Now when I search for the entry cn=myEntry under o=myOrg, I get the entry
"cn=myEntry" back but the dn value which comes up is still
"cn=myEntry,ou=abc, o=myOrg". Isn't the DN supposed to be the concatenations
of RDNs all the way up the tree to the root. Or am I missing something?

My problem is in my application I am assuming that I can get the container
of an entry from the DN of the entry by stripping away the RDN. This would
not work in the above case as I would be getting ou=abc, o=myOrg as the
container whereas the actual container is ou=xyz,o=myOrg

For information's sake though probably it doesn't matter, I'm using the
openLDAP client tools ldapmaodif,ldapmodrdn etc.

Sure appreciate some insight into this.

Thanks,
Natarajan