Boolean matching rules OpenLDAP 2.0.7

I defined in a custom schema an attribute with Boolean (OID.7) syntax.
Now whenever I try to do a compare against it, openLDAP returns an 18 -- Inappropriate Matching.  I have looked at the code, and I can see that it is because there is no matching rule set up for Boolean values.

I always thought it was pretty easy to compare boolean values, so I'm pretty sure there is something fundamental I am missing here.  Anyone care to tell me why I can't get the server to compare attributes with boolean syntax?