RE: slurpd taking 44% cpu, help!

yep, had that problem with slapd, eating +/- 76 % !
I recompiled it as a matter of test with some different
options, and since then it was well behaved..

maybe this could help a bit, here is the options I used;

c_cv_func_pthread_create=no ol_cv_kthread_flag=no ol_cv_pthread_flag=no ol_cv_pthreads_flag
=no ol_cv_thread_flasg=no CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" ./conf
igure --prefix=/usr/local --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc --disable-ipv6 --disable-d
ebug --with-threads --disable-dnssrv --without-cyrus-sasl --disable-x-compile

and I have also shrunk my indexes to;

# Indices to maintain
index   uid     pres,eq
#index  cn,sn   pres,eq,sub