Samba and LDAP

   Some time ago I needed to run Samba on a RS/6000 with AIX 4.3.2. As far
I know, there is no support for libnss on this version. So I decided to
fill the incomplete ldap code on Samba 2.0.7 ... at least to make lookups
for Unix accounts on a ldap database (the authentication is made via
smbpasswd). The resulting little mutant version of Samba was built, and is
running far enough for a couple months, with a reasonable workload (my
samba server on AIX serves 40 to 50 simultaneous users on average). I
compiled the code on Solaris too, and worked fine.
    For the curious, take the source code at:

    http://ftp.sj.univali.br/pub/ldap/samba-ldap-2.0.7.tgz

--
  Prof. Marcelo Maia Sobral