Re: OpenLDAP & SASL

At 08:32 PM 2/19/01 -0300, Luiz Ernesto Pinheiro Malere wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to use SASL Authentication with OpenLDAP 2.0.7 on a RH 2.2.15
>machine.
>
>When I run the command sasldblistusers, one of the lines I get is:
>
>user: uid=malere realm: rdnt03 mech: DIGEST-MD5

I would generally recommend your username be just "malere".
Putting them in some application specific form, such as a DN,
will likely cause pain.  It certainly won't make it easier
for the user to remember or use.

>Then I try to run a ldapsearch command with the following sintax:

Try the Cyrus SASL sample client/server first.  Only after
getting this to work, should you toy with LDAP and SASL.

Kurt