Re: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: attribute not found

Am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2001 22:30 schrieb Christopher Audley:
[...]
> I've compiled openldap 2.0.7, using the spec file from the rawhide SRPM at
> redhat
> as a starting point on how to configure.  However, when I get the server up
> and
> running, whenever I try to connect using ldapadd, I get the error
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: attribute not found
[...]

Hi,

the error message you encounter might have two reasons (I ran into both).
First of all, make sure that SASL itself is configured correctly. You can
test this with the SASL test programs. If they report no supported
mechanisms, the LDAP-server can't return any and you get said error message.

Additionally you need anonymous read (and maybe also authenticate) access to
the supportedSASLMechanisms attribute or the server will simply refuse to
tell your client about the mechanisms it supports :-)

Yours
Stephan Siano

--
Stephan Siano                           Mail:  Stephan.Siano@suse.de
SuSE Linux Solutions AG                 Phone: 06196 50951 31