User Authentication

Hi OpenLDAP users/developers:

I have successfully set up OpenLDAP on my server. It's purpose will be
to serve addresses through Netscape Messenger on our intranet. This
works fine, but: I want to set up user authentication. I mean the NEED
for Netscape to log in to OpenLDAP before it can view any records (_not_
login auth via LDAP!). OK, my access rules are the following:

--- CUT ---

defaultaccess   none

access to attr=userpassword
        by self write
        by * none

access to *
        by self write
        by dn=".+" read
        by * none

OK. Now no user can see anything. Exactly what should happen, to an
_un_autorized user. Now: How/Where do I have to create the records for
the users that should be able to login? I tried the following ldif: