ldap, pam & secondary group memberships

hi there. i just set up openldap (1.2.11) so i can do central
authentication on my home network.

it works fine, with the exception of these two problems:

1. on my main workstation, about 50% of the time when i open a
gnome-terminal my prompt says "I have no name!" instead of "ieure".
2. i can't figure out how to add secondary group memberships, like,
say, adding user "ieure" to group "audio".

i'm using debian 2.2 on my ldap server, and the clients are running
potato or woody. i used the ldap migration tools to get a clean import
of my user info. oh, and i'm using pam_ldap and libnss_ldap on my
clients.

thanks.

--
|  :; ;:      "i feel the cold knife blade of disgust in my gut, like a shot." |