Replication Log Problem

I have setup openldap 2.0.7 on two Red Hat 7 servers, one as master and the
other as slave.

When I update in the slave,

   ldapmodify -x -C -D "cn=Manager,dc=ccgo,dc=hksarg" -w secret -f a

, the master was updated (i.e. referral works) but the slave was not. When I
look at the reject log file, "invalid syntax" error occurred. Moreover, the
replication log file (before I start the slurpd in master) is:

replica: bplinux:389
time: 982041728
dn: cn=cho,dc=ccgo,dc=hksarg
changetype: modify
replace: UTITLE
UTITLE: Mr.ChrisHo
-
replace: modifiersName
modifiersName:: PGFub255bW91cz4=
-
replace: modifyTimestamp
modifyTimestamp: 20010213052208Z
-

Therefore, I try to update the master directly,

   ldapmodify -x -C -D "cn=Manager,dc=ccgo,dc=hksarg" -w secret -h ccgoapp:389
-f a

The master, was updated successfully, and the slave was also updated
successfully. The replication log (before I start slurpd) is:

replica: bplinux:389
time: 982041817
dn: cn=cho,dc=ccgo,dc=hksarg
changetype: modify
replace: UTITLE
UTITLE: Mr.ChrisHo
-
replace: modifiersName
modifiersName: cn=Manager, dc=ccgo, dc=hksarg
-
replace: modifyTimestamp
modifyTimestamp: 20010213052337Z
-

The difference between the above two replication logs is:

# diff si.log mi.log
2c2
< time: 982041728
---
> time: 982041817
9c9
< modifiersName:: PGFub255bW91cz4=
---
> modifiersName: cn=Manager, dc=ccgo, dc=hksarg
12c12
< modifyTimestamp: 20010213052208Z
---
> modifyTimestamp: 20010213052337Z

Do you know why the replication log is different (i.e. the modifiersName)? I
think the problem of "invalid syntax" is due to the "modifiersName" being
different in the above two cases. Do you have any suggestions of why the master
write the replication log file differently, or how can I solve the above
problem? Is it a bug in Openldap 2.0.7?

Regards,
Wilson.