Authentication of LDAP-Users via pam

We are trying to build a information system using OpenLdap 2.07. Due to structural reasons we are forced to do the user authentication against a Windows NT PDC.

We tried  this  on a Redhat 7.0 system using cyrus-sasl-1.5.24  and pam-0.72 ( rpms as provided by the Distribution).

In /usr/lib/sasl a file 'slapd.conf' was created with content: 'pwcheck_method:pam'
In /etc/pam.d a file 'ldap' was created with content 'auth	sufficient	/lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so'

OpenLDAP 2.07 was configured with options '--with-cyrus-sasl' and '--enable-spasswd'

Simple Authentication to the server works, login-Authentication against PDC works also.

However a command like:

'ldapsearch -h localhost -b 'c=de' -U uid -Y 'PLAIN' -X u:uid '(filter)''

returns 'Unknown authentication method'.

Is there any documentation how to configure OpenLDAP for authentication against a NT-Domain and could you please point me in the correct direction?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

	tbu