Attributes in LDAP

Can anyone point me to an easy explanation of LDAP attributes? What
each one stands for, how to define an attribute, etc.
I have been R'ing TFM and am now getting some of it (Obviously newbie
here). It looks like for my purposes I'll have to define an object class
of my own, which means that I need to write my own attributes (or pick
up predefined ones).

Any pointers will be appreciated (on or off list).

Devdas Bhagat
--
	"Get back to your stations!"
	"We're beaming down to the planet, sir."