Re: Referral from Slave to Master failed in 2.0.7

At 06:31 PM 2/2/01 +0800, Wilson KH Sheh wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have set up two Red Hat 7, both running openldap 2.0.7. The master to slave
>replication works fine. But when I update the slave, I find that only the slave
>is updated, but the master is not updated.

Then you have not configured the slave to return a referral to
the master.  Use the admin guide and slapd.conf(5).  In particular,
you're missing an updateref directive on the slave.

Or you are accessing the slave via the updatedn... which you
shouldn't do unless you are manually attempting to update the
slave to be in sync with the master.