Re: slapd 2.0.7 and solaris 8

I have *exactly* the same problem. I did a soak test overnight and got upto about 512 MB RAM (i.e. nearly all of it) + approx. 1 GB of virtual memory taken by slapd. The server seems fairly stable on a solaris 6 machine though - the memory requirements stay constant at around 10 MB. The solaris 6 version does not have TCP wrapper support enabled whereas the solaris 8 version does. I will look into whether this is the cause although I think it more likely to be an OS issue.

-ian

Ian C. Smith,
e-mail: i.c.smith@liverpool.ac.uk
Address: Computer Sevices Department,