Porting to Windows without ldbm

Hi,

I have read in the FAQ that for Windows I need to get three others packages
before running the LDAP server :

-	Cyrus SASL
-	POSIX Regex
-	Sleepycat's Berkeley DB

And in the source code I have see that is possible to replace "ldbm" by
"ldap" for "database" parameter in slapd.conf file, then I would like to
know if I really need to Berkeley DB because eventually I need to replace to
back-end.  And if somebody knows, I would like to have more information
about the "ldap" parameter.

And finally I would like to know if I can ignore the SASL authentification
simply by changing the activate define in portable.h file?

Thanks,

Francis