RE: ADSI distributed queries CONVERT failures w/ OpenLDAP

Title: RE: ADSI distributed queries CONVERT failures w/ OpenLDAP

Hello Nicholas,

Thank you very much, informatioon you sent is very useful.
Although I need more on tools compatibility. You noted that
for Active Directory I should use only MS tools.
What about back compatibility i.e. using MS Tools with other
LDAP servers?
My project will probably need to contact to 3rd party LDAP
servers as well to own one, so I cannot fully control server
side and need more compatibility with various LDAP servers.

Also from my fellow in MS I heard that they've made own
LDAP access library for internal use, based on pure LDAP
standard. They used it in many Exchange related projects.
So it must be possible to contact Exchange through pure
LDAP.. What the problem was in your case ? Why you said
"Management with pure LDAP tools is not an option"? Is it
only useability issue or there is more behind it ??

Egor A. Shokurov
Development Lead
Netreflector.com Inc.
email: yeghors@netreflector.com <mailto:yeghors@netreflector.com>