Re: slapd pid

Jajati Samal wrote:

> Hi Thanks for your valuable information. But why all these threads are not visible
> in initial stage? Most peculiar thing is number of threads keep increasing day by
> day. I guess they will take certain amount of resources too. Do u think it is good
> !!!!

Well, you should see 3 threads right from the beginning (actually slapd starts,
spawns
3 threads in detach state and then dies). All the others should be connections
that remain awake for a while to speed up the response (this is my assumption).
In fact, on my machines, I see the number of threads increase for a while, then
they remain at a steady level of about 15/20.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8365
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it