Can't restirct display of attributes using ldaptemplate.conf

Hi all,

I'm trying to restrict those attributes which are displayed when doing an ldapsearch. It thought this could be achieved by editing etc/openldap/ldaptemplates.conf so I've commented out those lines with the telephoneNumber attribute. Hwr when I do a:

$ ldapsearch -b "..stuff..."  '(sn=something)'

I still see the telephoneNumber attribute - any ideas why. (I've restarted the server before doing the search). I'm using openldap 2.0.7 under solaris 2.6.

thanks in advance,

-ian.

Ian C. Smith,
e-mail: i.c.smith@liverpool.ac.uk