RE: backup (was: slapcat cannot open database - why?) (fwd)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Henrik Lassen wrote:

> Is there a possibility to dump the database in terms of a *.ldif file?

will dump all your entries in the file.

Note that you can't just do

ldapadd .... < backup.ldif to restore your directory since the entries or
not in the hierachical order but in the find order.

A perl script could do (if your file is not to huge).

Hope it helped.

BTW, the gq client permits you to get a ldif dump of your directory that
is proper for repopulate it.

---
Claude