Re: backup (was: slapcat cannot open database - why?)

how about something like:

ldapsearch -L -D <bind_dn> -w <bind_pw> -b <your_top_level> objectclass=* > ldap_backup.ldif

I've not tried to do it that way but it think it would work. Just a thought.

Dirk Datzert wrote:

Hi Kurt, Hi Roland,

we use a simple script that shutsdown the LDAP server for just 2 seconds
every 12h, copy the directories to a backup dir and restarts the server.

After the Script you could do a ldbmcat on the backuped dir which is always

##### Start Script on Compaq ProLiant DL360, SuSE 7.0 linux kernel 2.2.16,
OpenLDAP 1.2.11

rcldap stop

for db in `cat $SLAPD_CONF | grep ^directory | cut -f 2`; do
 db_backup=`echo "$db" | sed -e "s,$ORIGIN,$BACKUP,g"`
 mkdir -m 0700 -p $db_backup
 echo "Creating Backup of $db in `dirname $db_backup`"
 cp -rpf $db `dirname $db_backup`

rcldap start

###### End Script

Roland Rosenfeld schrieb: