Re: apache + openldap

>  I don't know how the netscape web server does nested groups, but I bet
>  there is some kind of LDAP server-side optimization that they use.
Given a good cache for the authorization information, the perfor-
mance impact would hurt only the first time a user hits the site.
I don't know either how Netscape does  it,  but  I  think  it  is
feasible  to  do  this  in the client. However, I agree with Dave
that chasing around groups is not a good idea.  One  particularly
nice case would be if the group inclusion graph happened to  have
cycles...

Mit herzlichem Gruss

                                        Andreas Mueller

Dr. Andreas Mueller                 Beratung und Entwicklung
Bubental 53, CH - 8852 Altendorf            <afm@othello.ch>
Voice: +41 55 462 1483             Fax/Data: +41 55 462 1485