Number of Connection

Hi there,

I took a look at my slapd log file and notice that the "conn" kept increasing and currently it is at 7531. Here is an example entry in the log file:-

"Jan  5 13:38:28 SIN_ABC_A01 slapd[3129]: [ID 368088 local4.debug] conn=7531 op=0 RESULT err=0 tag=97 nentries=0"

Is there a limit to the number of connection?

Do I need to restart the slapd from time to time to keep the conn number small?

My loglevel is set to 256. This makes the logfile very huge within a short period of time and not many useful information for debugging. Any advice as in what is a more appropriate loglevel setting  for a rather stable system?

Thanks for your help in advance.

cheers,
SC