RE: Importing an LDIF file

Hi David, thanks for the reply.  I've included my reply within the text of
your message...

Hadn't tried that, but doing so didn't provide any _obvious_ clues...  The
only questionable part of the output was the last line below:

ber_flush: 41 bytes to sd 4
   0 ' 02 01 01 ` " 02 01 02 04 1b c n = M
   a n a g e r , d c = c o l u b s
   , d c = c o m 80 00
ber_get_next
ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 12 contents:
ber_dump: buf 0x80574a0, ptr 0x80574a0, end 0x80574ac
	current len 12, contents:
     02 01 01  a 07 0a 01 00 04 00 04 00
request 1 done
parse_line missing value

It then kicks out the same "ldapadd: invalid format (line xx of entry:"
error that I've been fighting, followed by:

ber_flush: 7 bytes to sd 4
	0 05 02 01 02  B 00

Is there anything there that helps at all?

> If you pare down your ldif file to just one entry, does that work? That
> would tell you whether you have a problem with the the file format itself,
> or whether it's something about particular entries.

Thanks for the reminder - basic troubleshooting technique, good to remember.

And once again, thanks for the answer!

TK