Re: Transaction in LDAP

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Jajati Samal wrote:

> Is there any  Transactions ( ROLLBACK , COMMIT )  in OpenLDAP like
> relational DataBase ?

Don't think of LDAP as a transactional database.

> Just I want to solve a scenarios like " Delete some node. then create some
> node and while creating the new nodes there is an Error and now I have to
> revert back". How to make this operations atomic?

Your LDAP client has to sort this out. You can get around your example by:
 - perform action 1 (create)
 - check action 1
 - perform action 2 (delete)

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
This message has not been checked and may contain harmfull content.