Re: What does "ldap_add: No such object" mean?

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Chris van der Merwe wrote:

> Well I try to be clever here, but failed miserably:
>
> I try this file:
>
> dn: cn=United States
> objectclass: country
> cn: United States

This is incorrect.

Note that you MUST start at the point defined in your slapd.conf! (Note
the RFC use of MUST.)

So in my case I started at vanderkooij.org (the domain name I own).

Like:

dn: dc=vanderkooij,dc=org
objectclass: top
objectclass: dcObject
dc: vanderkooij.org

dn: cn=Manager,dc=vanderkooij,dc=org
objectclass: top
objectclass: person
cn: Manager
sn: Manager

You have to start similar. I suggest you also do some reading on LDAP. In
the OpenLDAP article on my homepage you will find some links you may find
usefull.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
This message has not been checked and may contain harmfull content.