Re: Even more on ldap_add

On Thu, 01 Jan 1970, Chris van der Merwe wrote:
> Well change is good, this time I tried something like this:
>
> dn: o=Aurora Technologies, c=US
> o: Aurora Technologies
> objectclass: organization
>
> And I got:
>
> ldap_add: Insufficient access
>
> At least it's a different error message, but the other things are still
> going wrong with the same error message.

Hi,
 Add this to your slapd.conf and restart slapd with the command (Redhat Linux)
/etc/rc.d/init.d/ldap restart .

rootdn "cn=Manager,o=Aurora Technologies, c=US"
rootpw fiddlesticks

Now make a file called test.ldif that contains the following:

dn: o=Aurora Technologies, c=US
o: Aurora Technologies
objectclass: organization

Then run the following command from the same directory that the file test.ldif
is in:

ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,o=Aurora Technologies, c=US" -w fiddlesticks -f test.ldif

Then, buy yourself a book about how to use LDAP :-)

Regards,
Mike