Re: 1024 fd limit ?

Luc Saillard wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 10:27:25AM +0100, Yann Dupont wrote:
> > I understand that the 1024 fd limit per process
> > is probably due to the underlying OS/library
> > (in this case, linux with glibc 2.1)
> >
> > - And in case of threaded openldap, the 1024 limit remain the same...
>
> Hi,
>  Have you try to increase this 2 parms in the /proc ? At boot, i use systune or
> this 2 line of shell.
>    echo "65536" > /proc/sys/fs/file-max
>    echo "262144" > /proc/sys/fs/inode-max
>
> With a mail server, i increase the NR_TASK found in include/linux/tasks.h

yes...
ydupont@Enya:/$ cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max
16384
ydupont@Enya:/$ cat /proc/sys/fs/inode-max
65536

Not as High as your values, but sufficient.
The problem is that openldap is single threaded here and hit the limit
of 1024 fd per process. SO NR_TASK is not a problem here.

(anyway even if multi threaded, the 1024 fd limit seems to be the same,
as all threads share the same ressources)

Yann.