"slapd[pid]: unable to open Berkeley DB /etc/sasldb: No such file or directory"

Hi everyone.  I  see this message twice (identical timestamps ) in my
auth.log
whenever slapd is started.  When I print library dependencies for slapd
every dependency is satisfied.  Libsasl-modules and libsasl7 packages (
Debian system with openldap-2.0.7 and Berkeley/Sleepycat db2-2.7.7 ) are

both installed, but neither creates a directory or file /etc/sasl.  I
suspect that this debian package was compiled with something not
installed and not required, but wish to have more before I report to
debian.

Thanks.

Sven