basic tutorial

Title: basic tutorial

hello,

after some time spent for the installation on openldap, I'm now
in the stage of configuring  it (and actually learning about).

I got the book from Houves, Smith, and Good: over 800 pages. it's
quite a long reading for just a quick start up. I'd like to know
if there was a tutorial somewere on the web about:

* simple configuration + simple database definition
* a description of the core schema objects/arributes in a more
  readable format that in core.schema file
* basic usage: adding/searching/deleting/...
* program snippets in C/C++ and java with JNDI

thanks in advance

maurice szmurlo