Re: Problem doing BIND with uid

You have to bind with the distinguished name of the entry. In the example
below, your DN seems to be 'cn=michael k stella, ou=...'. What you need to
do is to (programatically) search for a user's entry by uid and then
retrieve the DN for that entry. Only then can you re-bind as that person.

Schematically that would be:

	enter uid [mstella]
	search directory for uid=mstella
	if not found or not exactly one result, then error
	dn = ldap_getdn() of retrieved entry
	bind with dn [cn=michael k stella, ou=...]

Regards,
	-JP